Knife Gate Valves
Knife Gate Valves shouldn't be used to regulate flow because whenever fluid is forced against a partially closed gate, a vibration takes place, gradually eroding the disk and seat. Consequently, knife gate valves should only be used completely closed or opened. In addition, these valves are designed to slowly open and close to safeguard against the impacts of water hammer.
- One-piece high strength structure prevents any deformation.
- Thin structure occupies less space and prevents residue.
- Knife-type plate design with the bevel pressed on to the valve seat for a gas-tight closure.
- Simple construction for easy maintenance.
- Knife-Gate valves could only use at fully open and full close position to control the fulid and aren't suitable for throttling purpose to avoid high-speed fluid flow through disc and seat and then cause erosion effect, abrasion of seat and disc or vibration caused by fluid impacted disc to make disc and seat damaged.
- Body Connection: Lug type,Flange type
- (Other flange connection please contact Taiwan Valves Centre Co., Ltd.)
- *Technical information is only for reference. Taiwan Valves Centre Co., Ltd. reserves the right to change without previous notice.
- Applicable medium: plastic granules, pulp, wood pulp, fiber, dust, chemical treatment sewage, silo export, fruit, grain, cement slurry, etc.
- Knife Gate Valve generally used in powders, granules containing particles, cellulosic, impurities, etc.
- Widely used in dust collection equipment, powder lining equipment, sewage treatment, carton supply equipment, etc.
- The applicable places are mostly industrial air transportation occasions, pulp, fertilizer, cement, ash, lime, raw food materials and other industries or sludge treatment, sewage treatment and other factories.
- Knife-Gate valves are generally not recommended for throttling service, where both the fluid flow and the solid particles can damage seats causing leakage. High fluid velocity or the presence of solid particles in suspension will further reduce seat life in throttling applications.
- Knife Gate Valve were designed to work in some of the most corrosive, erosive and abrasive environments in the world.
More Knowledge about TVCCL valve:
Knife Gate Valves's resilient seat knife gate is a bi-directional valve and could be applied with the flow in any direction. Knife Gate valve can be divided into two operation - manual and pneumatic. The valve is designed for the full circular direct current channel to reduce slag and jamming. The bottom end of the blade is machined into a blade shape with a cutting function, so the Knife Gate valve has a good cutting function for soft materials such as fiber, pulp, and wood pulp. Benefits are good opening and closing, Easy to install, wear-resistant and anti-blocking measures, easy to maintain, easy to use and long life. At first, Knife gate valves were designed for use in the pulp and paper industry. Knife gate valve was an ideally designed to cut through the stringy pulp encountered in the pulp and paper industries. The benefits of the knife gate valve also include that they are easy to actuate and cheap to produce. As a result, use of knife gate valves quickly expanded into numerous other markets, including wastewater treatment, oil and gas, mining, and power, in a short period of time. Otherwise, Knife gate valves became advantageous in sludge and slurry applications because their blades can cut right through thick liquids easily. Today, a knife gate valve can be found in many processing plants. Knife gate valves are available in large sizes to better handle thick flows of heavy oils, light grease, slurry, paper pulp, varnish, and wastewater.
The valve plate material is generally selected from stainless steel 304.316, and other materials are welcome to contact us for consultation.
- Related Products
Gate valves offer an unobstructed media flow from any direction of the valve body. It does not decrease pressure which makes it suitable for pipeline where the flow direction may change. The overall structure length of gate valves is shorter than globe valves. The valve clack aligns with the valve body, thus making the structure length of gate valves shorter than globe valves. The seal functioning is quite good thus, making it less eroded while it is open. As compared to globe valves, the erosion of sealing surface is lighter. The valve body is simple and easy to operate. It features a good casting process which offers a wide range.
- Files Download