A gate valve opens by lifting a gate out of the path of the fluid. The distinct feature of a gate valve is that the sealing surfaces between the gate and seats are planar, so gate valves are often used when a straight-line flow of fluid and minimum restriction is desired.
- When gate valve install on the pipe,fluid direction can't be changed,Gate valve has small Pressure difference and less spoiler.
- Face to face distance is short.
- Perpendicular to the direction of movement of the shutter flow direction, it can only be fully open and fully closed.
- Body Connection: Pipe thread, Flange Type
- (Other flange connection please contact Taiwan Valves Centre Co., Ltd.)
- TG1-API 600, TG3-API 602, TG5-API 603
- *Technical information is only for reference. Taiwan Valves Centre Co., Ltd. reserves the right to change without previous notice.
- Typical gate valves shouldn't be used for regulating flow.
- Because of their ability to cut through liquids, gate valves are often used in the petroleum industry.
- Gate valves are used to permit or prevent the flow of liquids, and are typically for on/off control.
- Gate valve usually used for outdoors.
- Gate valves are also used on fire pipes
- Sluice valves can be used for a vast number of fluids like potable water, wastewater and neutral liquids.
More Knowledge about TVCCL valve:
Gate valves are designed to turn the flow of a liquid full on or full off by restricting or opening the flow. The gate valve is a valve designed to allow the system on the pipeline, to be fully open and fully closed and to control the small pressure drop when the fluid flows. Gate valves are mainly designed to start or stop flow, and when a straight-line flow of fluid and minimum flow restriction are needed. In service, these valves generally are either fully open or fully closed. For above situation, you need the TVCCL Gate valve that is reliable, tight shutoff and low-pressure drop operation. Besides, TVCCL Gate Valves can also control the pressure of liquid flow through pipes or valves. The gate valve is ideally suited for the pipeline which on/off often, specifically for liquid service. The gate valve operated is by the disc, the direction of movement of the disc is perpendicular to the direction of the fluid, and the gate valve can only be fully open and fully closed, and cannot be adjusted or throttled. However, if you need precise regulation of flow rate, the gate valve may not suitable to use. You may consider other type of valves, such like Needle valve or Ball valve.
- Related Products
A ball valve is known for its durability, simplicity, and excellent sealing properties. They provide excellent shutoff even after years of service. This makes a ball valve an excellent choice as a shut off valve. They also provide better resistance to contaminated media than other valves. Ball valves are not commonly used as control valves due to its less precise flow control. However, they are cost effective and can be used in applications that do not require precise flow control accuracy.
A needle valve is a type of valve which can be used to regulate flow of a substance, usually either gas or water, through an appliance or system. The unique feature of the value is the inclusion of a small plunger, with a shape akin to a needle. The plunger features a small handle, known as a handwheel, to enable easy and precise turning of the valve. When fully attached, the elongated end of the valve fits exactly into what is known as the seat, a part of the appliance that is being regulated. However, if the valve is turned, space opens up between the needle and the seat, allowing a minimal amount of substance to pass through. One design feature of most needle valves dictates that a considerable number of turns are required to make even a small amount of space open up. This enables gradual, accurate and precise control over the amount of liquid/gas that can pass through the valve. Additionally, this can prevent damage to gauges which could be affected by sudden bursts of liquid/gas, and allows for better control and regulation in general. Some types of needle valves are connected to an automated system and do not require manual regulation. These will either operate on timers or respond to external data to regulate the closure and opening of the valve as appropriate. These can be found in many types of engines and gas piping. This allows for the operation of the valve to be optimal for the substance and system that it is required for and will likely reduce the chances of damage through incorrect operation of the valve.
- Files Download