A needle valve is a type of valve which can be used to regulate flow of a substance, usually either gas or water, through an appliance or system. The unique feature of the value is the inclusion of a small plunger, with a shape akin to a needle. The plunger features a small handle, known as a handwheel, to enable easy and precise turning of the valve. When fully attached, the elongated end of the valve fits exactly into what is known as the seat, a part of the appliance that is being regulated. However, if the valve is turned, space opens up between the needle and the seat, allowing a minimal amount of substance to pass through. One design feature of most needle valves dictates that a considerable number of turns are required to make even a small amount of space open up. This enables gradual, accurate and precise control over the amount of liquid/gas that can pass through the valve. Additionally, this can prevent damage to gauges which could be affected by sudden bursts of liquid/gas, and allows for better control and regulation in general. Some types of needle valves are connected to an automated system and do not require manual regulation. These will either operate on timers or respond to external data to regulate the closure and opening of the valve as appropriate. These can be found in many types of engines and gas piping. This allows for the operation of the valve to be optimal for the substance and system that it is required for and will likely reduce the chances of damage through incorrect operation of the valve.
Needle valves are designed to give very accurate control of flow in small diameter piping systems. They get their name from their sharp-pointed conical disc and matching seat.
- TVCCL needle valve is T-handle operate.
- Needle valve is having a small seat ring and a pin-shaped, it allows precise regulation of flow rate.
- Needle valves are not only usually used in flow metering applications but used in low flow rate must be maintained for some time.
- The virtue of the needle valve is from the vernier effect of the ratio between the needle's length and its diameter, or the difference in diameter between needle and seat. A long travel axially (the control input) makes for a very small and precise change radially (affecting the resultant flow).
- The needle valve cannot be used in high temperatures.
- Size: 1/4" ~ 1"
- Pressure Rating For 6000 PSI
- The needle valve is suitable for flow control in the low flow range.Needle valves are usually used in flow-metering applications, especially when a constant, calibrated, low flow rate must be maintained for some time, such as the idle fuel flow in a carburettor.
- Needle valves usually used in flow-metering applications, especially when a constant
- Needle valves are not used for simple shutoff applications.
- Needle valves are used to control the flow precisely.
- Needle valves can be used for almost any clean gas or fluid.
- Most commonly used location for needle valves is to monitor gas flow, like propane, in a system.
More Knowledge about TVCCL valve:
A needle valve is a type of valve having a small port and a threaded, needle-shaped plunger. The needle valve is a fine-tuning valve whose valve appearance is needle-shaped and is mainly used to regulate the air flow. The fine-tuning valve requires that the valve opening is gradually enlarged, and the maximum fine adjustment can be continuously performed from the closing to the opening. Needle valve can achieve this function. The overall construction of the needle valve is the same as the ball valve, but the valve seat is needle-shaped, which allows the needle valve to adjust the flow rate more accurately, and is used for fine adjustment of high pressure gas and control small flow. The needle valve operation is divided into a hand wheel handle and a one-shaped handle.
- Related Products
- Files Download
Needle valve - Needle valve | Made in Taiwan Dual Plate Check Valves Manufacturer | Taiwan Valve Centre Co., Ltd.
Located in Taiwan since 1998, Taiwan Valve Centre Co., Ltd. has been a dual plate check valve manufacturer with all the valves sold to 1,500 clients in 80 countries worldwide. Their main valve products, including Needle valve, dual plate check valves, dual plate full lining type, retainerless check valves, bypass check valves, short and long wafer check valves and spring wafer type for industries, such as oil, shipbuilding, seawater desalination, cooling system and nuclear.
TVCCL has a competitive pricing, reliable quality product and excellent after-sales support, well-down packing. We have received good reputation as being a well-known supplier in supplying reliable quality and competitive price check valves from customers. 20 years of experiences in producing dual plate check valve, excellent after-sales support, OEM / ODM, oil industry, shipbuilding, seawater desalination, cooling system, nuclear industry.
TVCCL, TAIWAN VALVE has been offering customers high-quality and durable industrial check valves for any applications since 1998, both with advanced technology and 25 years of experience, TVCCL, TAIWAN VALVE ensures each customer's demands are met.