Globe valves can be arranged in such a way that the disk closes against the flow or in the same direction of flow.
When the plate closes in the direction of flow, the kinetic energy of the fluid helps closing but obstructs the opening. This characteristic is preferable when a quick-acting stop is required.
- Globe valves are particularly common in on-off services, but can be used for various applications
- Have a good shutdown function.
- Used for regulating flow in a pipeline.
- Nice shut off effect.
- Suit for frequent operation as no worries of wear of seat and discs.
- Easy to repair, as seat and discs can be accesses from the top of valve.
- Fast operation due to shorter stroke length.
- Often operated by automatic actuator.
- Body Connection: Pipe thread, Flange Type
- (Other flange connection please contact Taiwan Valves Centre Co., Ltd.)
- *Technical information is only for reference. Taiwan Valves Centre Co., Ltd. reserves the right to change without previous notice.
- Globe valve used for closed, switch often and used as throttling valves to control flow through.
- Globe valve is used in applications where flow needs to be regulated or where variable pressure is required in the pipeline. Such like treat water system, Fuel oil system and Turbine seals and drains.
- Widely used in petroleum refining, chemical, paper, pharmaceutical, water conservancy, municipal, steel and other industries
- Common used in general household water and gas pipelines.
- Applied to construction related equipment
- Suitable for pipelines of natural gas and power systems.
More Knowledge about TVCCL valve:
A globe valve is comprised of two halves, separated by an opening with a moveable plug or disc that can be screwed in, or unscrewed to open and close. They're most commonly used to open, close, or throttle flow in a system.
All globe valves are designed with a stem that moves up and down to regulate flow inside the valve, contains a disc (ball, composition, or plug), and seat which is generally screwed into the valve body. Seats are designed in plane parallel or inclined to the line of the flow.
- Related Products
TVCCL ball valve is an extremely durable stop valve that is designed primarily for On/Off function. They provide tight shut-off and high capacity with just a quarter turn to operate. The position of the handle immediately indicates whether the valve is open or closed. In the open position there is virtually no obstruction to flow, and head loss through full bore ball valves is almost negligible. Along with being easy to monitor, ball valves have an advantage in that the seat performs a self-wiping action, preventing buildup of foreign particles within the valve. A ball valve is known for its durability, simplicity, and excellent sealing properties. They provide excellent shutoff even after years of service. This makes a ball valve an excellent choice as a shut off valve.
- Files Download